According to the International Institute for Sustainable Development (iisd);
“Sustainable development is development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. It contains within it two key concepts:
the concept of needs, in particular, the essential needs of the world’s poor, to which overriding priority should be given; and
the idea of limitations imposed by the state of technology and social organization on the environment’s ability to meet present and future needs.”
The ideas surrounding sustainable development take into consideration these two concepts. The world is viewed as a system that what happens as far as development is concerned, in one part of the world impacts the rest. In other words, the air quality in Beijing impacts the air quality in Brazil or the use of pesticides in the United States impacts Europe.
So by looking at the world as a system, we can see if we are able to use better uses of our materials, reduce energy consumption we can have a global impact.
Sunlite Science & Technology has been on the forefront of sustainable development for the last nineteen years. Sunlite’s philosophy is to make the smallest fixture possible with the highest light output utilizing the least energy and materials possible.
The way that we have done this starts with our patent. Our patent allows us to use an extremely thin insulating layer, in fact, it is 10,000 times thinner than the competition. Why is this important? Insulating layers allow the heat to be retained by the LED’s which diminishes the life of the LED. By removing heat faster or moving it away from the LED allows to have a heat sink that is smaller or keep the LED cool extending the life of the LED Package.
Utilizing smaller heat sinks allows for smaller fixtures and less material used, one of the goals of sustainable development.
Sunlite Science and Technology in our patented products only uses glass lenses that do not have an air gap. Air gaps create refraction and can result in a loss of efficiency. Sunlite’s AS-LED has an output that is 44% higher than competitors again higher efficiency and utilizing less material.
If you are looking at building sustainable buildings Sunlite can help you meet your goals towards green building.
Some of the benefits of sustainable green building are:
- Emissions Reduction – With less energy used a reduction in greenhouse gases can be expected.
- Energy Savings – More efficient buildings that include sustainable building practices will result in energy savings.
- Increased Property Values – Energy costs are going up exponentially. Having an efficient building that utilizes less energy will increase a property’s value vs a typical non-efficient property.
- Decreased Infrastructure Strain – With less demand on the grid you provide a social benefit for people at large reducing construction of new plants, less chance for brown outs and lower overall maintenance costs.
- Increased Employee Productivity – Employees have been shown to be more productive in an environment that utilizes proper lighting and uses other green building techniques.
Sunlite is ready to assist you meet your sustainable design goals with the most efficient and most compact LED lighting fixtures on the market providing you with the finest in sustainable development materials.
We also will do lighting design layouts free of charge!